The Smile Committee
For booking contact firstname.lastname@example.org and put "The Smile Committee" in the subject line or fill out the contact form on this site with more information about your upcoming event or conference.
What is the Smile Committee?
The Smile Committee is Melissa D's unique one woman program of high vibe music created with a signature blend of original songs and covers(70's and 80's pop, old standards)with most songs tuned to 432 hertz frequency tuning, a tuning that is based on the heart and in alignment with the earth. (go here to learn more about 432 hertz frequency tuning)
The Smile Committee concert is fun, light and chuck full of positive vibes and will raise the energy of the room. It promotes a sense of wellness, nostalgia and smiles(hence the name ;-)) for the listener. Education around the soothing and stress relieving qualities of various healing music frequencies(including 432 hertz) are provided along with some handouts around self care. A talk around self care ideas and support can be added to this program. Folks are welcome to bring cushions, blankets and to remove their shoes so that they are extra comfortable. Swaying and breaking into a spontaneous dance is encouraged!
It is important to note, when people are doing a lot of spiritual or personal growth work(particularly at a conference) it is important for there to be a balance and chance for them to rest and "shut down" their brains for awhile and relax so that all that new learning can be absorbed and processed. The 432 hertz frequency music that is delivered in this program addresses the heart chakra and not the head chakra so this helps the brain to rest and to further facilitate that balance.
What this is not:
*It is not a "False Positivity" program. Its important for people to feel validated and to allow them to express themselves authentically when/if they are having a hard time so every care will be made to make people feel "seen" where ever they are at on their journey.
*It is not a supercharged, animated dance party. Although some of the music will cause you to tap your feet, clap and sway maybe even get up and dance, the overall vibe that is brought to this program is more of a calming and chill kind of positive energy.
Why Hire Melissa D for your next event?
- 15 years experience in the helping and human services profession
- Has a Master's degree in Counseling/Psychology and is empathic with a calming demeanor. This blend of training/skills and intuition makes for an engaging style that will connect with the people at your event.
- Member of Toastmasters International(an organization that teaches public speaking and leadership skills) from 2015 - 2016
- 10 years experience with groups and giving presentations
- Seasoned vocalist with 20 years of musical performance in all types of venues
- Trained in vocal techniques and frequency tunings that are optimal for relaxation and wellness.
- For conference and retreats, your attendees will leave this event feeling relaxed and recharged and ready to focus on the rest of the conference trainings and the work projects that follow.
***Go here to see reviews and testimonials around Melissa D and her music***
This program is available for wellness centers, yoga studios, nonprofits, businesses, conferences and company retreats. It can be done as a breakout session or as part of the conference programing or a stand alone event. It can also be offered as a gift to your employees or VIP members of your community.
This program is also adaptable for Zoom and can be delivered virtually.
Rejuvenate the energy of the room(virtually or in person) raise the vibration and create a positive and memorable experience.